This week, we are implementing a few display updates and guides to the species creation panels to help new players. We've received a lot of feedback about these features being difficult to learn, especially the artwork and layer group panels, so we are looking to make these features more intuitive for new players (without removing anything for older players).
A few updates have been made today:
1. The 'Naming Themes' feature has been moved into the advanced playstyle setting.
2. The mascot image copy feature in the art panel has been moved into advanced settings and given a guide.
3. More default layer folders (for newly created species) have been added to help create an intuitive learning experience for newbies, alongside information added to the folder guide.
4. The delete folder button in the art panel has been moved for easier access to newbies.
5. The 'add artist credits' section has been collapsed by default (since this only used for collaboration, which newbies are less likely to need).
6. A warning against art theft has been added to clarify the use of the art crediting feature and help prevent art theft.
More display updates are planned for this week.
There's a new feature for those who would like to contribute to the sitewide combination blocking system.
This blocklist system prevents certain adoptable name combinations from being rolled if they are too inappropriate for the site (per our censorship guidelines).
Although this feature does not list current blocks in place for the public, you can suggest new ones that will be visible only to staff.
This can be accessed in the Plaza for level 10+ players with advanced playstyle turned on. You can turn on advanced playstyle in your account settings.
Users with the advanced gameplay style can now view in circulation statistics on item profiles.
Also, users with a player account upgrade can now view open spawn data from item profiles--this is the same information available in explore areas, feel free to share it with other users!
Display names have been updated to increase protection against name copying. Other users will no longer be able to set their displayname to your username.
Advanced users can now add treasures from shops and collections on adopt profiles. (To switch your account to 'advanced', select the advanced gameplay option from the settings page).