Planned updates are now in place!
- The layer group previewer is now available to everyone.
- Create from preview is still an upgrade only feature, and has been updated as such.
- The cost of creation from previews has been lowered from 5,000 PTS to 1,000 PTS.
- Art upgrades now allow creation of +150 species instead of +100, +1,500 items instead of +1,000, and +3,500 layer groups instead of +3,000.
- Early access to updates and new features is now an upgrade perk for both artist and regular upgrades.
Raffle deletion is the first small update that's now available for upgraded users on an early access basis! This allows you to delete a raffle if no tickets are placed. Once it's done being tested with upgraded players, it will be available to all players.
The Trading System is the first early access feature that is now available to upgraded players! If you have an account upgrade, you can find it in the Plaza.
This feature has been in development for a while and has now passed staff testing. It is a massive feature, so we are starting out with the basics. More may be added to this feature later.
For now, it has:
- The ability to trade an adoptable for another using trade lots, offers, accepts, and denials.
- Ability to trade PTS, Credits, and Items (as treasures) as included in lots and offers.
Once it has been tested by upgraded players, the Trade system will be available to everyone!
4dopt's Terms of Service has been updated. Make sure to review and agree to the Terms of Service updates for use of the site.
Sections that have been updated:
- Copyright Violations
- Politics, Religion & Other Sensitive Subjects
-Commissions & Sales (new section added)
After a lot of discussion and polling, we are going to move forward on making the layer previewer available to non-upgraded players and adding new perks to take its place!
This is being done to help newbies who often have trouble understanding how layer groups work. We have tried (unsuccessfully) to include guides and explain layer groups, and found (from giving temporary access) that the previewer is great at demonstrating layer groups in an intuitive way. We can't find any other effective way to teach newbies about layer groups. Not being able to understand layer groups may hold 4dopt back, so having the previewer available to newbies will be greatly beneficial to everyone on the site.
So tomorrow (Friday), we are planning to go forward with some new things:
- The layer group previewer will be available for all to use. If we need to put a timer on it, we might in the future (which will not be applied to upgraded users if we do), for now it will not have a timer.
- The ability to create adoptables from previews will remain an upgrade only benefit and will be reduced to 1,000 PTS charge instead of 5,000 PTS.
- To compensation upgraded players for layer group previews being made available to all, we are adding a new upgrade perk! Upgraded users will be able to start beta testing new, unreleased features and smaller updates.
- Although only artist upgrades were affected by the previewer update, the new early access perk will be available to both types of upgrades.
- Also in compensation for users who had artist upgrades, we will be increasing space limits for artist upgrades.