Final reminder that the new Mass Explore buff is coming at 6 PM 4dopt time, NOT MIDNIGHT. We recommend not using this today until the buffs are added.
This is a reminder that, starting tomorrow, we are going to have three major updates.
1. Creation prices on adoptables are going to be 300 PTS instead of 100 PTS, and breeding will be 500 PTS instead of 100 PTS. Shelter prices will start going down.
Ultimately, our goal is to make adoption cost less than creation.
2. Dimension sizes for new species will also gain a new restriction requiring the height to be equal to the width (square canvases).
Our goal for this is to allow for adoptables to line up neatly on pages where multiple adopts are listed, without the need to crop images.
This will not affect previously created species, which are currently being cropped to fit in a square on multi-adopt pages.
3. Mass explore is going to receive a buff. It will start giving out raw adopt EXP, account EXP, PTS, inventory increases, and treasure slot increases.
Mass explore will also be limited PER CLICK to your adopts per page amount of adopts per click (12-36 depending on your account stetings). For example, if you have 36 adopts per page, you will need to click Mass Explore 3 times to go through 100 adoptables.
This is just being done to prevent site lag, you will still be able to Mass Explore as many times as you like.
4. Due to the Mass Explore update, Hyper Energy Potions will be given a cap of 300 adoptables, allowing for up to 30k energy instead of being unlimited (which could be exploited with the new buffs to mass explore).
The layer group previewer has been fixed up for players with an artist upgrade! You can access this from the layer groups page and use the checkboxes to view up to 5 combined layer groups (this also now has a creation tool).
Folder hiding is now added to the organization button on adopts pages! A guide has also been added for this.
The evolutions pages now have guides.
Sales, auctions, and raffle status have been added to adopts pages in advanced mode.
For creators, the item selections have been updated to be more convenient. This is the feature that allows you to select items for species transforms, item containers, eggs, recolor items, and evolution items.
You can now 'browse' any item with back and forward arrows. Typing at least one character into the search will bring up 'everything' so you can click through and find any available item without having to search a specific criteria.
Anything more than three characters will run a search for specific criteria the way it used to, though this will still have the new back and forward arrows.
Spotlight Contest votes have now been increased!
This is a heads up that the cost to create and breed adoptables will be raised to 300 PTS (for creation) and 500 PTS (for breeding). This will happen by January 20th, which is when Mass Explore is getting some buffs.
Likewise, adoptables in the shelter will start having much lower prices, making it so that adoption will generally be cheaper than creation.
This is being done to prepare for more players and load on the server later on, to add more value to adoptables, and to encourage adoption over creation (and is also being done alongside updates that have made PTS easier to come by).
The breeding page has gotten a facelift!
- Breeding is now in realtime to reduce page load and will not send you back to the top of the page every time you breed.
- 'Male' images can now be viewed.
- 'Males' can now be searched (this searches name, bio, and species name).
- For advanced users: rarity is now a word instead of a number, and it shows the calculated number of offspring you'll get depending on the 'male.'
- If you have no 'males' available it will say so, so you don't have to waste time clicking on a dropdown.
- Errors will no longer force you to refresh the page.
- You can now view more 'females' per page (this is based on your account settings).
- On the backend, this breeding page is more efficient and causes less overall server lag.
Species breeding rarities have been renamed for clarity:
Common = Common
Uncommon = Sometimes
Rare = Uncommon
Very Rare = Rare
Ultra Rare = Ultra Rare
No numbers or data have been changed. These have strictly been renamed to make them more intuitive.
Non-breeding related updates:
- The evolution settings page dropdown has been converted to the item selection tool with images.
- Outbid auction notifications have been fixed. You should now get these if someone outbids you in an auction.
- New species and items posts in the news now use description and other data directly from the item/species, so they will automatically update if the user changes something.
An update has been made to the recolor page. You will now see a semi-transparent version of your adopt beneath new potential layers. This is meant to help the user see what kind of marking they're looking at, and approximately where it will go on their adopt!
No more wondering 'which eye is this?' or 'will this line up with the feet or face?'