In order to make explore rarities more intuitive, they are going to be renamed (the numbers are not changing, this is purely a rename).
Unlikely = Rare
Rare = Ultra Rare
This will leave us with the following rarity tiers: Most Common, Common, Sometimes, Uncommon, Rare, Ultra Rare
In other words, the rarity that is currently named 'Unlikely' will be renamed to 'Rare' and the 'Rare' tier will be renamed 'Ultra Rare.'
Since this update will NOT affect gameplay, we will be going forward with this as soon as possible.
The hatch item panel for species creators has been updated. Instead of dropdowns, items can now be selected using a realtime finding mechanic. This selection tool is used on recolor items, containers, and transforms. We are still working on converting any other part of the site with the item dropdowns to use this selection tool instead.
Reason this is being switched over:
- dropdowns will inevitably cause a site crash as 4dopt continues to grow
- long dropdowns will become increasingly difficult to scroll through as the site grows
- the selection tool allows you to view the image of an item
- selection tool is capoable of searching item name, description, and tags
- selection tool can show you how many things that item is already being used for (for example, a species transform will display how many spoecies that item can currently transform to) so you can get an idea of how popular the item currently is
We are still streamlining this selection tool and will be keeping an eye out for any issues with it.
Some updates have been made to improve upon the tagging system.
Searching: You can now search adopts by tags. Tags are also used to search for items when selecting transforms, recolor items, etc.
Permanent tags: There is a new mechanic we are implementing that makes certain tags permanent, so they cannot be removed by players or creators, only staff (if needed). You will be able to tell if a tag is permanent because the (x) will not appear and they will be surrounded in a red background. We have currently not added these beyond testing, but this will start showing up more in coming weeks.
Species and item blocking: The ability to block a specific species or item is being added in the form of permanent, automatically generated tags. When a new species or item is created, they will now be given a special permanent tag that can be used to block that specific species. This is now in place.
Soon to be added:
- Ability for staff to create permanent tags for things such as blood, gore, etc.
- An 'approved' list of tags that can be added publuicly. Instead of being able to add anything you want, there will be a database of accepted tags (to help prevent abuse).
The edit bios section has now been moved into the regular adopts pages for convenience, allowing you to find your adopts by their folders for easier access and sorting!
To access this, click 'edit bios' at the bottom of the page. The bio guide has also been moved here.
Just a heads up that species artwork files will be required to be done on a square canvas starting next week. This will not effect current species, it will ONLY take affect for future species.
For example, 300x300px is fine but 200x500px would no longer be allowed.
Allowed examples: 150x150px, 500x500px, 436x436px
Not allowed: 300x400px, 436x437px
This would solve alignment issues across the site without causing species images to be cropped. We're aware that artists do not want their artwork to be cropped, ideally, so this will be done to prevent that in the future. If you have a very tall or wide species, you will still be able to upload them, just be sure to include empty space so that they are on a square canvas.
Again, previously created species will not be affected by this update. This is only being done to prevent cropping of images for future species and adoptables.