The breeding page has gotten a facelift!
- Breeding is now in realtime to reduce page load and will not send you back to the top of the page every time you breed.
- 'Male' images can now be viewed.
- 'Males' can now be searched (this searches name, bio, and species name).
- For advanced users: rarity is now a word instead of a number, and it shows the calculated number of offspring you'll get depending on the 'male.'
- If you have no 'males' available it will say so, so you don't have to waste time clicking on a dropdown.
- Errors will no longer force you to refresh the page.
- You can now view more 'females' per page (this is based on your account settings).
- On the backend, this breeding page is more efficient and causes less overall server lag.
Species breeding rarities have been renamed for clarity:
Common = Common
Uncommon = Sometimes
Rare = Uncommon
Very Rare = Rare
Ultra Rare = Ultra Rare
No numbers or data have been changed. These have strictly been renamed to make them more intuitive.
Non-breeding related updates:
- The evolution settings page dropdown has been converted to the item selection tool with images.
- Outbid auction notifications have been fixed. You should now get these if someone outbids you in an auction.
- New species and items posts in the news now use description and other data directly from the item/species, so they will automatically update if the user changes something.
An update has been made to the recolor page. You will now see a semi-transparent version of your adopt beneath new potential layers. This is meant to help the user see what kind of marking they're looking at, and approximately where it will go on their adopt!
No more wondering 'which eye is this?' or 'will this line up with the feet or face?'
We have worked on a lot of layout and UI updates today!
1. The Registration page now has a fancy new banner, complete with a new 4dopt mascot who can now be found as adopt ID #2, his name is 4lpha! 4lpha has been added to the Purble site theme as the new sidebar buddy. Note: his species hasn't been released yet, so you may not be able to view him, but this will be coming soon!
2. The registration page has also been given an overall makeover. The username field now checks username availability and errors in real time.
3. Layer group creation has been made slightly easier with a makeover, though we still plan to work more on this area of the site.
4. News banners! These have been added to future new species, new item, 4dopt spotlight, monthly event, and the upcoming 4riday event updates.
Staff updates will continue to be plain text to help distinquish them from others.
5. The storage page has had its source code merged with the adopts page, allowing us to make future updates much faster and easier. These pages have been given a slight facelift.
6. You can now rename your folders under the 'Organize' opanel on your adopts pages.
7. There is a new 'Donation' section in the site store where you can contribute to help us fund bills and new features!
You can now 'result to default' the hue, saturation, and brightness sliders on the recolors page.
This works by clicking on the marking image in the edit section.
This is only for the edit section, not the add markings section.
This is a reminder that we are going to enact the dimensions update on January 20th.
This will NOT affect previously created species, only species created AFTER this date will be required to have equal dimensions (be on a square canvas).
It's come to our attention there there might be cases where the hatching data for layer groups might not have transferred properly.
If any adoptables are hatched in a way that goes against the original creator's intentions, these will be removed from the game.
If anyone finds any of these, please report them so staff can fix them.
The hatching feature has been recoded! You can now add eggs more intuitively through the species pannel.
Gender ratios and rarities have now been added to the new hatching system.